CAROB, S.A has developed the PALGUM® brand, a high quality locust bean gum produced from a precise selection process of carob seeds, peeled and ground with the most advanced technology.
The carob tree is a typical tree of the Mediterranean area resistant to drought and no need for the use of fertilizers or pesticides. This harvests seeds to the highest quality, also reflecting in our final product, the locust bean gum.
The production process has been adapted to respect the environment, reusing the by-products derived from the processing, resulting in a 100% natural product.
LOCUST BEAN GUM
LOCUST BEAN GUM
LOCUST BEAN GUM
Locust bean gum belongs to a group of hydrocolloids known as galactomannans. It comes from milling the endosperm of the carob seed.
This seed is made of three parts: the shell, a central protein part (the germ) and the endosperm, which the locust bean gum comes from. The chemical structure of the locust bean gum provides a high thickener capacity, developing very viscous solution in an aqueous system. In combination with other hydrocolloids such as xanthan or carrageenan, presents synergism and develops the ability to form gels.
CAROB, S.A. has developed its own brand PALGUM®, a high-quality locust bean gum.
We manufacture locust bean gum under our brand Palgum with a wide range of grades depending on the viscosity and the particle size. We also have gradation of color in our range, from the yellowish quality to the whitest and brightest qualities.
PALGUM® Locust bean gum
Locust bean gum is one of the oldest hydrocolloids used in the food industry; it has functional properties such as thickener, stabilizer and gelling agent, providing a unique texture in a wide range of food systems.
Our process and our experience in the manufacture of locust bean gum makes our wide range Palgum enhances the texture, performance and the efficiency in the final applications.
-Improves texture and smoothness.
– Provides greater firmness.
– Extends shelf life, avoiding dryness and crumbling.
– Avoid water loss or syneresis.
– Improves the ease of spreading.
– Prevents the formation of ice crystals.
– Provides greater resistance to thermal shock.
– Improves texture and palatability (mouthfeel).
– Inhibits the loss of volume during storage.
– Increase the yield of solid rennet (curd).
– Retains water, providing a firm and spreadable texture.
– Reduces exudation in fresh cheeses.
– Thickening agent in infant foods.
– Effective against digestive problems.
– High water retention.
– Bonding agent, stabilizer.
– Helps to cut the meat.
– Used in combination with carrageenan.
Custard and gelatine
– Improves the elasticity of carrageenan (synergism) with other hydrocolloids.
– Prevents desiccation or loss of water.
– Improves the cut of gelatine.
Dressings and sauces
-Eliminates syneresis or water loss.
– Facilitates the suspension of solids (herbs and spices).
– Increases viscosity.
FEED GRADE FOR PETS
Our PF-1000 product with a minimum viscosity of 1,000cps is a specific grade for the application of feed for pets.